Monday, April 03, 2006

Person & Power of the Holy Spirit - Pt 2

The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit – Part 2
by Pastor Jeremy Wong

Review - 2 Weeks ago in Part 1
•The Holy Spirit is God of CREATION
•C – Let us worship and adore the creator
•R – Look to Him for restoration & revival
•E – Ask Him to empower us for ministry
•A – Seek to be anointed to serve
•T – He will teach us & points us to Christ
•E – He will enlightens us with revelations


A. Holy Spirit in The New Testament
Luke 1 – Holy Spirit was fully involved in the incarnation of Jesus!
Luke 1: 34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
The angel responds in Luke 1:35 “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.”


B. The Promise in John 14:15-21
•15"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
•21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

The promise is conditionla upon our love & Obedience to the Lord..
The promise is that we will not be "Spiritual Orphans" -> sense of abandonment? Can you sense God presence?


C. The Perils of ignoring the Holy Spirit
•If you have NOT tasted the reality of the Spirit filled life, you will most likely…
•Settle for “Knowledge” instead of the “Spirit-filled Life”
•Content with “Tradition” instead of “Power”
•Replace “real relationships” with mere activities & programs

D. Power & Boldness for witness
•In Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
•Intellectual and experiential encounter will the Holy Spirit will cause us to Hunger for more…..


E. Testimonies of failures & Triumph
•Immorality & deceit exposed
•Occultist powers & New Age etc overcame ( see Acts 19)
•Revelation is more powerful than mere knowledge


F. How to be filled with the Holy Spirit? The 4Ds
•Is this 100 years of Pentecostalism? but the roots goes back to the Book of Acts
•Desire for it - John 7:37-39 “if anyone thirst let him come to me.”
•Denounce sin & pride in your life – not just a safe and respectable religion but a life changing experience
•Dedicate your life to serve him – your Career, even Marriage is for His glory.
•Dependence – fully upon him. (Ephesians 5:18 be “be filled and continuously being fill”….in the Spirit."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home