Friday, October 20, 2006

The Way, The Truth and The Life by Ps Jeremy Wong 8/10/06

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man comes to the Father but by me." - John 14:6.

The divine Disclosure- I AM saying in the Bible
OT- Yahweh – Exodus 3:14 “I AM who I am” or “I AM He”
Jesus used the same formulae or exalted term for self address – “ergo eimi” – at least 8 times (Look it up in John) eg
I Am the light of the world (John 8:12)
I Am the bread of life (John 6:35)
I Am the True Vine
I Am the Door
I Am the Good Shepherd
I Am the Resurrection and the Life
I Am the way the truth and the life

I. Christ is the Way - Not “a” way but “the way”!
This is impressively taught to Adam and the patriarchs (Gen 3:24)
Greed and self will can make us go the wrong Way! – Eg Balaam and his donkey. (Number 22:21-31)
Mankind by nature has NO WAY to the Father – look at the Tabernacle and Temple, a veil separates (Exodus)
Jesus opens the way back to the Father "It is finished! The veil was torn!

II. Christ is the Truth
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. (Proverbs 14:12)
Christ may be called the key-stone of the arch of truth.
Take away the sun out of our solar system.

Tell the truth regardless – (Ezekiel 3:16-20)

III. Christ is the Life - He is the Zoe and not just the Bio
1. The whole Bible bears witness that by nature we are dead in trespasses and sins
We are like Dry bones in Ezekiel’s vision
Try living our lives own way is the sure way to dryness and death!
Let us Come the Christ !!!
Come to Him, my unbelieving friends – for he is the Only Way back to God
Come to Him, for he is the truth, the key, the centre of the universe, source of wisdom and truth
Come to Him if your are weary and dry for He is the source of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home